Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Outta This World!


Hello everyone!  This is Melody (aka Ry&MysMom on the Cricut MB and the Silhouette Plus Forum) from A Splash Here and There blog.  I am so excited because I can finally share with you all my good news - today is my first time posting at The Bug Bytes as a new DT member!  Thank you Pam for allowing me to share my projects with your readers.

Today's project is a birthday card I created for a friend's son who turned 10 years old yesterday.  His party was held at a laser tagging place so I thought that a space-themed card was fitting.  This card was 8.270 inches tall x 4.46 inches wide.  This whole project was designed using purchased images (pocket envelope by Sophie Gallo, astronaut by Sarah Bailey, and acme rocket by Looney Tunes)  from the Silhouette Studio (will be referring to it as SS from here on), and cut with my Cameo.  There are most likely similar cuts you can find to recreate this project using Cricut carts. 

I started out by fitting my envelope as big as I can on the 12 x 12 cutting mat. Then I sized the pieces of the acme rocket and the astronaut according to how big I can fit the card inside the envelope.  I duplicated the base of the rocket 2x to create the lining for the inside of the card.  On one of the linings, I wrote the sentiment "Have an outta this world day!" in Magneto font.  I flood-filled the font in blue ink, then used the print and cut feature of the SS for this lining.


I used the offset feature on the SS to create 2 shadows of the base of the rocket.  Then I welded these two shadows to create the base of the card, as seen below.


Once I had all the pieces of the card all planned out and cut, I was ready to assemble the pieces.


A little inking here and there, some embossing with the Swiss Dots CB folder, a few foam mounts for pop and depth, some irock gems and faux stitching with a while gel pen and it's done!  Below is a peek at the inside of the card:


Hope you enjoyed looking at my project as much as I enjoyed creating it.  Thank you again Pam for letting me share my project at The Bug Bytes today.  Until next time! 


~ Melody ~

4 comments:

Jill Rugg said...

Congratulations!!! I am going to go check out that website right now! Love your card!

papillon digital design said...

What a lovely card. Love love the idea! And the astronaut is so cute. A great debut! TFS

Kate said...

That is Adorable.

Hugs,
Kate

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Congrats on your Design Team post! Pam is a gracious leader and I am sure she feels very fortunate to have your talent on the team!!

I simply adore your spaceman and rocket!!! How cute!!!

And I love the papers you picked to do this. So much fun!!!