Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Enter if you dare!


Hello my blogging friends! Today I'm guest designing over at the Scrapper's Delights Papercrafts blog.  Today's project is a door hang I created for my 14 year old niece who seems to be forever trying to get her 8 year old brother to stay out of her room.  Special thanks goes to Janice over at Scrapper's Delights Papercrafts blog for letting me play with one of her new digi stamp releases - this particular one is called the goth girl duo (she comes in two poses, I just used this particular one).   I also used elements from Janice's Spellbound kit (the broom, fence and the crow) to create a scene. 

I'm also entering this project in the following challenges:
1. OLLCB #105 - Ribbons or Twines or both
2. Bunny Zoe Challenge #24 - Anything Goes
3. Going Buggy - Things with Wings (my 2nd entry!)

I used the Silhouette Studio Designer's Edition to design this door hang, then cut all the pieces with my Cameo.  I LOVE that I can import images from other kits or stand alone digi stamps onto the Silhouette Studio and use the print and cut feature.  This is how I envisioned the door hang would look before I started cutting.


The background crackle print is actually one of the patterns I purchased from the Silhouette Store for 79 cents (again, if you have a subscription with the Silhouette Store it comes out much less than that).  Before you can cut any jpg or png format images with the Cameo using the print and cut feature, you would need to use the trace feature for the images (there are some tutorials on youtube).    The layers are stacked up on top of each other in the above screen shot and all you do is peel away and use your own paper when you're ready to cut.

And here are the layers after the Cameo was done cutting and after I colored in goth girl with some Prismacolor colored pencils.  The base of the door hang was an image from the Silhouette Store and is by Silhouette (with the circle omitted and instead I put two small circles for the ribbon to thread through), and the scroll image is by Sarah Bailey.  I used  Distresss Reinker in Dusty Concord to dye the seam binding ribbon.  I used the Matura MT Script Capitals font and then used the offset feature of the Silhouette Studio to create the shadows to cut the words "Enter if you dare!"


And here are some detailed pics of the assembled project.

We don't believe this will keep her brother out of her room for
good as we both know it's an empty threat ;) but it's a nice touch LOL!   I used
the Arial font to write the disclaimer. 

I pop-dotted the colored goth girl using some foam mounts

The top layers of the words "Enter if you dare!" were embossed
with one of Paper Lace II CB folders, then pop-dotted with foam mounts.

I hope you liked my project today for the Scrapper's Delights Blog and hope you can join in on the goth challenge.

7 comments:

Jill Rugg said...

I love it- great colors! That warning label is too cute!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is very cool! She is sure to love it!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks, ladies! You guys are so sweet!

Dayna Sabrina said...

Melody this is just fabulous! I love the embossing on the letters. Why can't I ever remember to do that type of stuff? I have tons of folders and I always forget about them. I also love your coloring. You girls who do that are supremely talented. I have trouble staying inside the lines!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this door hanger! So cute and any girl's dream gift :)

Chrizette
DT Member - Scrappers Deligths
Celestial Things

Daniele said...

such a great bedroom door hangar perfect for all teenagers, love the warning so glad you joined us at OLL this week
hugs

Enfys said...

What a great project, perfect for a teen bedroom. Thanks for entering it into this months Going Buggy challenge
hugs
Enfys x