Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gift



My kids' school calendar states that it's supposed to be Teacher Appreciation Week this week.  Now I don't think teachers get enough credit for what they do and some are certainly better than others.  But if it was up to me and when times allows, I'd certainly be giving some teachers little gifts of appreciation everyday (my Cameo and Cricuts would certainly be getting a good workout LOL!).  Yesterday I sent my kiddos to school with these boxes filled with mini York peppermint chocolates (I was able to fill each with 10). 

The box cut was an image purchased from the Silhouette Store for 99 cents (if you have a subscription plan with Silhouette it cerainly comes up to much less than that) and is by Samantha Walker.  The box is certainly daunting to assemble after it cut (cuts beautifully on the Cameo BTW) but the trick really is by making sure you crease at all the perforations (they're there for a reason, right?).  And use a strong adhesive (I used the terrifically tacky tape only in small places on the bottom of the box).


The Cameo cut this box beautifully using a double-sided and glittered, I might add, heavy K & Co cardstock, no multicut necessary.   I put strips of masking tape on the corners of the paper just for added assurance that the paper will not move on the mat while cutting. 

And here's a closeup of one of the boxes assembled.  All I did to pretty it up was add curling ribbons.


Until next time!  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These are just as cute as they can be. Love the intricate cut. TFS

girlia said...

too cute

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are such great Teacher Appreciation bags! Nicely done!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty gifts. Love the summery colors.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thank you ladies!