Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Another Teacher Appreciation Gift



Hello again, my blogging friends!  Here's another teacher appreciation gift I whipped up for my kids' wonderful teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week.  The base of the boxes was an image from the Silhouette Store and is by Cali Arroyo, cut with the Cameo.  I am linking this project to the following challenges:  (1) Going Buggy [anything with wings], and (2) Scrapper's Delights [anything with flowers]. 

The boxes were roughly 2x2x2 and I was able to fit two in a 12x12 cutting mat.  I used a double-sided K & Company cardstock. 


After assembling the boxes, I created the layer for the 4 panels of each box in the Silhouette Studio by using the draw feature.  On one of the panels I wrote the sentiment "For my wonderful teacher" in Abbeyline font, flood-filled the font in pink ink and used the print and cut feature of the Cameo to cut. 


On the other three panels, I imported  .png files from images I purchased from Scrapper's Delights' kits (Morning Dew, One Fine Day and Bee Happy; I actually purchased these kits for my digital scrapbook pages but was so tickled to find out I can import the images onto the Cameo!  Sweet, right?!). 


Here are some close-up pics of the 4 panels of the box:


(the stick pin was handmade by me)


(the butterfly was pop-dotted via foam mounts)



And a top view of the box.  I was able to fit 6 of the Ghirardelli squares in each box. 



Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Kate said...

That is so cute. Those little Digi's are adorable.

Hugs,
Kate

Jill Rugg said...

SOOO cute-your kids teachers are so lucky!

Stampers Delights said...

Oh wow this is just adorable!
love how you have used my kits within your paper projects!
Love Janice XXX

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! Hugs!

@ Janice: your digis are beautiful! Hard to pace myself shopping ;)

Kim Kelley said...

Adorable! So creative! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights this week! HUGS

Kim
SD DT

Lotta said...

Hi! Beautiful creations!
Thank you for joining us over at Scrapper´s Delights and good luck in the draw! Hugs Sandra

Enfys said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you so much for entering it in this months Going Buggy challenge, and good luck
hugs
Enfys x