Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Baby Tony LO

If you have been following me along you'd know that my hubby and kids bought me a wide format printer for Mother's Day. I have been meaning to print some of the LOs I put together using the Creative Memories StoryBook Creator but I screwed up and ordered the wrong paper (my bad!). So today I'm sharing with you all the first digital-paper hybrid LO I printed using the wide format printer.  I am so impressed with this new printer!  This is a LO of when my SIL welcomed her new baby in 2008. 

Here is how the 2 page LO looks like after I have saved a jpg image from the StoryBook Creator software and imported onto the Silhouette Studio so I can plan my other elements.  I could have just left the pages the way they were (would have saved me a lot of time) but I just love layers! The StoryBook Creator (or any digital scrapbook softwares out there) have the ability to let you "drop" shadows to images to create visual depth and textures but I'm a tactile person  ;).

Here are the two pages side by side on Silhouette Studio.  All the papers and
elements on this jpg image were from CM (free after you buy the software).

I added in "Tony" in Curlz MT font and used the offset
feature to create the shadow for the letters. 
The pinwheel is a free image from the
Silhouette Studio.

Without further boring you guys,  here are a few closeups of the finished pages.  I used my Cameo to cut "Tony" and the pinwheels. 

I pop-dotted "Tony" with foam mounts for depth

The pinwheels were so easy to assemble! 
I used small brads to hold them in place

All I did to add to this CM digital element were some irock gems


I can't wait to print the other digital pages I have been working on!  Until next time!  Thanks for stopping by! 

~ Melody ~

2 comments:

Jill Rugg said...

WOW-this is great! I love that you are trying new stuff so I can see if I like it, haha! Is the word baby cut out too, because it looks 3-D in the picture? And what kind of paper do you have to use to print out the digital layouts? You are tempting me to get a printer!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Hi Jill! The word Baby is not a die cut at all. It's one of the digital elements included with baby boy kit by the Storybook Creator software. With digital scrapbooking I've learned that you can "drop" shadows on any element, including texts (for titles, journaling) to make them appear 3 dimensional. I've done a little research on the Epson Artisan printer and joined in on a couple of digital scrapbooking forums - I'm still learning ;). I've been told that to get the best quality out of your scrapbooking pages you need to try to print your pages with the same brand as your printer. The paper I used is not glossy at all. I used matte paper by Epson. HTH. Feel free to email me (addy on side bar).