Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Believe in yourself hybrid double LO



I'm back to share another digital-traditional hybrid LO I put together yesterday.  I am really loving creating my LOs digitally, then printing them to add die-cut embellishments or any other 3D embellishments .  As you all know, I'm still working on 2008 album so the pictures here are four years old.  Being the family paparrazi is the pits if you like to scrapbook, and digital cameras make scrapping memories much more challenging for me - I take way too much pictures and have a hard time deleting others :(   My hopes in creating my LOs digitally is to catch up with scrapbooking and do so without cluttering my desk with unfinished LOs. 

These double LOs were created using free digital elements (papers, frames, tags, etc) obtained from different sites (you can google under "free digital kits" or "digital scrapbook."  Some of my favorite sites are on the right sidebar (will add more later).    After creating the LOs in the Storybook Creator software, I imported the jpg files of both LOs onto the Silhouette Studio to size the title "Believe in yourself" (old freebie from the Silhouette Store) where I wanted it. I flood-filled the title with roughly the same colors as the cardstock I had wanted to cut and layer it with, but decided against layering the title after I saw how beautifully my printer had printed everything.  Below are some closeups. 



I love these photos of my Dad, my kids and my Stepmom,
before she passed away from cancer at the end of 2008


The only non-digital elements I ended up adding to these pages were the Craftworks Card Candis - I figured those satisfy my need for tactile texture just fine for these two pages ;) 

Thanks again for stopping by.  Come back tomorrow and I'll show another 2 page hybrid LOs. 

~ Melody ~

2 comments:

Peanut said...

Love what you've done here. Haven't given much thought to digital scrapbooking until now. Looks like your enthusiasm is rubbing off on me! Thanks for sharing your creativity.
+hugs+

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks Asha!