Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

It's about time, lil' bro!


My youngest brother had been wanting to get his college degree for sometime but somewhere along the line, family happened and all the responsibilities that come with it.  But I'm so glad that he stuck with it and finally got his bachelors of science degree in electrical engineering last weekend.  Yey!  So proud of him!  I made this card especially for him.  The card was designed using images purchased from the Silhouette Store and designed on the Silhouette Studio, then cut with my Cameo.  This is also the first time I've used one of the wobblers I purchased from Peachy Keen Stamps a couple of months ago. 

The images from the SS store were:

(1) card base - (actually had butterfly in it originally but I took it out, then used offset feature for the lining) by Samantha Walker 
(2)  wavy pocket card - (used print and cut feature for the sentiment, Baskerville Old Face font flood-filled with black ink) by Sophie Gallo
(3) jumping grad silhouette - by SnapDragon Snippets LLC

Some SS screen shots:




I used Impact font for the sentiment on the inside of the card, flood-filled it with blue ink.

Peek at the inside of the card:


I inserted a giftcard for my lil' bro in the pocket.


It is so hard to snap a pic of the grad silhouette on the wobbler, so here's side view picture:

BTW, the sentiment "Oh yeah!" in the front was cut using the Arial font.  I used the offset feature on the SS to create the shadow.

 Thanks so much for stopping by once again.  "See" you all again very soon!

3 comments:

Jill Rugg said...

Another great card-love the white stitching and dots!

Dayna Sabrina said...

Fabulous card! You know I love that graduate. Congrats to your brother. That is no easy major. I'm sure he's thrilled to finally be finished!

girlia said...

Great job and congrads!!to your brother