Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Birthday, All Star!



Hi there!  Wow, it HAS been a while since I posted!  I have been so busy playing with the Creative Memory Storybook Creator as I try to catch up with scrapbooking my family's pics.  But more on that on another post.  Today, I am sharing with you all a birthday card I created for my nephew's 10th birthday this Wednesday - and yes, he plays baseball!    I am linking this up to a couple of challenges, which are ending soon (better late, than never!) (1) Going Buggy [kid's birthday theme], and (2) The Cuttlebug Spot [easel card].   This is actually my first time making an easel card and it was fun! 

This card is roughly 6 x 6.  This is the side view of the card.


The mitt and the ball were from the Boys Will Be Boys cart.  I started by welding the shadows of the images on my Gypsy to create the card base.  Then I cut the welded images in black, and an extra shadow layer for the ball, also in black, as you can see below.


I then folded the the welded circle in, to create the easel effect, as you can see below.


I then assembled the top layers.  I embosssed the mitt with the Tiny Bubbles CB folder and did faux stitching around the images with a white Sakura gel pen.  The "10"  on the baseball and the "All Star" on the inside of the card (as well as their shadow layers) were cut on the Cameo, using the Broadway font.  The "10" was embossed with the Swiss Dots CB folder.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment was also cut on the Cameo, using a pre-welded image from the Silhouette Store. 

Here's a close-up of the inside of the card.


And here's the card folded up.


Hope you liked my project for today.  Thanks for looking! 

13 comments:

Carol's Creations said...

This is one of the most unique easel cards I have ever seen! You have inspired me to think more outside the box!

Carol from Carol's Creations
http://www.4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com/

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Aww that so sweet, Carol! Thanks for stopping by!

Bobby said...

You did a great job on this card. I love it!

girlia said...

Girl you "rocked" this easel card. Great job!!!!!

Lori said...

Hi Melody! So glad you posted again - and with something amazing!!!! Your card is so cool and perfect for a boy.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super easel card! Great design!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a fabulous easel card! Love all the detail and the texture of the card! Fabulous! Looking forward to seeing your layouts, too!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Jill Rugg said...

What a cool card-thanks for sharing how you made it! I am glad to see you back Melody!

Dayna Sabrina said...

Melody, this is a fabulous card! It is really neat how you put it together and how it folds up. Great job my friend!

Kerry said...

This is great. What an original idea. I really must try some different shapes. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

Jannie said...

I am véry very impressed!! Love that you have dared to think outside the box!! Love everything about it!!

Thank you for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot!!

Cuttlebugs&hugs,
Jannie

Linda Kaiser said...

I love your card...
What a great idea for a card.

Linda

Enfys said...

Hi melody, you did a great job with this! Thanks so much for entering my challenge, and good luck
hugs
Enfys x