Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Marissa's 18th Birthday Card


So I was commissioned to make an 18th birthday card for my SIL's niece who just turned 18 over the weekend and this is what I came up with.  I know of this young lady and wanted to make a special card befitting her sweet personality.  This is a roughly 4.25 x 9 inches card.  The base of the card was cut with the Cricut using the Art Philosophy cart.  The image is another digi stamp from Scapper's Delights which I colored with Prismacolor colored pencils, then cut with a Nestability scalloped oval die.  The doily mat under this image was an image from the Silhouette Studio Store, and was cut with the Cameo. The envelope is from the Wild Card cart. 

Here's a few closeups of the card.  Doesn't this image look so sweet?! 



I added some glittered glue to her dress.  I embellished with some Prima flowers, half pearls and swirly pearl stickers by Recollections, a home-dyed crinkled ribbon and a home-made stick pin.

I so adore this glass bead!  If you click on the photo you can see
that there's images of pink roses inside. 

The inside of the card was left blank so that my SIL can write her own birthday wishes for this young lady.  I did use a swirly flower stamp in one corner using an Inkadinkado stamp.  All patterned cardstocks used were by K & Company. 


Hope the birthday celebrant liked the card.  Thanks once again for stopping by.

4 comments:

girlia said...

Love the shape and the image is too cute.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks, Girlia!

Stampers Delights said...

Oh this is so cute it really is a wonderfull card thank you for sending me a link I love to see them XX
Love Janice

PS sorry for the late reply holiday madness lol

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks for stopping by, Janice! I do so love your digi images and wish I had more time to play with them.