Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Gift tag card


Happy Friday!  Today's project is a card I made for one of my nieces who turns 6 this weekend.  Actually it has become a card-turned-into-a-gifttag.   Well I didn't mean for it to be a gift tag but with the 3D flower added to it, it would have been tough to fit it in ANY envelope, even if I had to make one.  Either way I'm happy at how it turned out.  And best of all, I was again able to use supplies from my stash so this is project #3 for me for the Using My Stash pledge over at the CC MB!  I've been really proud of myself - went grocery shopping at a Smart and Final yesterday next to a Michaels and I didn't even go in!  I heard (LOL) the clearance bins outside Michaels calling for me and I held my own! 

Another look at the gift tag card.

Details:
*base card is made out of 2 of the same present images from Create a Critter cart, welded together
*with the same image as the base, cut one in printed paper (from a very old K&C 6x6 stack), then the top layer embossed with Plum Blossoms CB folder
*"Happy Birthday" cut from MS Elegant Cake Art. top layer embossed with Swiss Dots CB folder
*3D flower from CTMH Art Philosophy cart with craft pearl
*irock gems

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful weekend ahead of you! 

3 comments:

Linda Kaiser said...

Your gift tag card is amazing! I love the flower and the happy birthday! Looks like I need the MS Cake art:)

Have a great weekend!

Linda

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a lovely card/tag! Lots of great detail!I am so proud of your resistance to the clearance bins at Michaels! How have I missed becoming a follower...well that is taken care of now! I look forward to seeing your projects!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comments, ladies!