Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ah, heck late again!


I am such a bad Aunt :( !  Completely forgot to give one of my dear nephews a gift on his 9th birthday.....are you ready for this?  Back in May!!!  So to make it up to him I am including a big fat Target gift card in this gift box I made - to help fund a new DS game.  He'll forgive me - not because of the big fat gift card but because I'm still his favorite Aunt ;p hahaha! 

I created the base of the box to hold the gift card from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cart.  The pirate hat and layers are from the Boys Will Be Boys cart.  The palm tree and the treasure map are from Paper Doll Dress Up cart.  The pirate ship is from the Wrap it Up cart.  The base of the tag attached with a black tulle was cut from TBBM.  I welded the anchor and the steering wheel cuts onto the base and then cut them out separately in white cardstock - they are from Life is a Beach cart.  



 

BTW this is my project #2 for Using My Stash pledge over at the CC MB.  I am also entering this in the Bitten By the Bug2 challenge using TBBM cart, as well as the Fantabulous Cricut challenge with the pirate theme. 

Hope you like and thanks for looking!  

20 comments:

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

OH! You sound like me. I don't know how to make a birthday card that isn't for a BELATED birthday! Well, I am sure he forgave you after seeing this awesome box and tag... and the fat gift card I am sure didn't hurt! I love the pirate theme with the great details and perfect papers!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

@ Nadia: Hahaha a woman who understands me! Thanks for stopping by ;)

Susan Edwards said...

Melody this is just too stinkin' adorable!! ... Errr, make that "Manly"!!! I love the pirate theme and all of the pirate details. I am sure your nephew will forgive you - and the gift card is sure to sooth his manly little heart - Arg!! Thanks for playing along at BBTB2 this week. Love the project!!

xx Susan

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

@ Susan: Thanks, Susan! Missed playing along at BBTB2 for so long! Thanks for stopping by!

Karen Pinsonat said...

This is a precious gift set! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

@ Karen: Thanks - I had a fun time!

Jeri said...

Ahoy marry this is the best pirate box I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing it with is at BBTB2.

DonnaMundinger said...

What a fabulous gift set! Love that you used a whole bunch of carts. The cuts and paper are just perfect! Thanks for plyaing along with BBTB2. xxD

Sarah said...

I definitely think this will keep you in the running as favorite aunt! Thanks for sharing this great project with us at FCCB this week :)

flowerdisco said...

i like it too, and i do too thank you for playing along. i am a newbie at bbtb2 :)

good luck on your banners too.

Maria said...

This is an awesome gift box!!! Love to see one geared towards boys--he will LOVE it! Thanks for joining in the challenge at BBTB2!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks to the ladies at FCCB and BBTB2 for stopping by and leaving comments - you all are so sweet! Can't wait for the next challenge!

Anonymous said...

WOW...your gift box is AMAZING! I am sure your nephew really enjoyed it and his gift card.

Happy Craftin'!
Jewels

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great box! Nice paper on this!

Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri

BugBites said...

Great idea- very clever design. Love it.
TFS with us at FCCB this week.

Jennie Garcia said...

Those cuts are very cool!! I love the box idea too!! I think that he will forgive you, if you bribe him, he is nine, you know...
Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

A Little Time said...

Oh, I bet he'll love this!! Cute papers and cute cut choices. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

Helen said...

This is very nice! I'm sure all will be forgiven :) Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB!

Sabrina said...

Hi Melody! Congratulations on being a Wednesday Winner at FCCB! I would like to have you be a Spotlight Sunday Guest and Guest Designer on FCCB! Please e-mail me at scrappinwithsabrina@gmail.com. Thank you!
Sabrina

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

@Sabrina: OMG are you kidding me?! Yey thanks!