Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Using My Stash - Happy Birthday Cupcake


Hello there!  So I'm participating in "Using My Stash - Round 2" over at the Cricut Circle MB organized by MamaC.  The rules are that we were to use what we already have until November 1st - no impulse buying!  I sure hope I last that long LOL!  There were some guidelines in her original post in the Cricut MB that I thought I could find loopholes in.....but shhhh don't tell MamaC, ok?  I WAS going to start AFTER the HSN launch of the E2 next week but maybe I can have a pass on that day instead ;). 

My 6 year old daughter's friend from her taekwondo class turns 8 at the end of this week so I made this card to go along with her gift we gave her yesterday.  The base of the card is from the Elegant Edges cart welded together.  Then I cut the same image twice in different colors, using the hide contour feature on my G for the blue layer but not on the green layer.  The green layer was then embossed with the Plum Blossom CB folder.  The circle printed cardstock was cut using the George and Basic Shapes.  The cupcake and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment was from the MS All Occasions Cake Art cart.  I got lucky I found the matching ribbon from my stash - bought it from Target a while back and it came in a spool with 3 other colors for $1!  I finished the card with 3 flower buttons I bought from Michaels a while back too.   The envelope was cut using the Sweethearts cart.

And there you go for my first project for "Using My Stash - Round 2!"  Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

girlia said...

This is really adorable. I am sure your daughter's friend will love it.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks, Girlia! Her mommy loved it ;)