Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

E2 HSN Launch Banner Entry #1 - Gothic Cricut Banner



Well hello there!  By now, everyone in the Cricut world knows that Cricut is launching its E2 machine on HSN on September 26th.  If you haven't yet heard the news, here's  an excerpt from Cricut:

CRICUT EXPRESSION 2 DESIGN CHALLENGE
On September 26th at 12:01 AM EST Provo Craft will launch the Cricut Expression 2 on HSN. We want everyone to join in the fun by designing a pennant banner for a chance to be one of FIVE lucky people to win the new machine when it debuts on HSN. Here’s how. Send an original pennant banner to enter to win the brand new Cricut Expression 2. If you watch every airing on HSN you might also see your design on live TV with Jinger.
RULES:
  • The contest runs August 22 – September 21 and all submissions must be received at the Provo Craft office by 5pm September 21nd.
  • Anyone can participate ages 18 and older (U.S. and Canada only).
  • Submissions must be a pennant banner (see examples)
  • Pennant banner should spell out “Cricut.”
  • Submissions can use any Cartridge made by Provo Craft.
  • Submissions must not include photos.
  • Submissions will not be returned and will become the property of Provo Craft.
  • Submission may be shown on a National TV station.
  • Judging will be done at the sole discretion of Provo Craft.
  • You may enter up to 2 pennant banners.
Please send all submissions to:
Provo Craft
Attn: Jinger Adams
10876 S. Riverfront Parkway, Suite 600
South Jordan, Utah 84095


Winners will be announced after the first five HSN airings on September 26th. Look for the announcements on both facebook.com/officialcricut and facebook.com/Jingeradams.
Good Luck everyone!

Now I already have an E2 Anniversary Edition but I am playing along simply because it's FUN, and if I do win an E2 I plan on giving it to my sister.  Another incentive for me is that there will be a $150 credit given to Cricut Circle members whose banners get chosen.  Sweet!  This is the first banner that I'm calling "Gothic Cricut" and my inspiration of course is the upcoming Halloween!

A few close ups of the banner:

For the banner base I chose the tag feature on the Wrap it Up cart.  The blackout feature image was cut using clear craft plastic by Recollections I bought from Michaels.  Then the tag front was cut using black cardstock.  I cut the top layer 2x so that I can attach one layer in the back behind the clear plastic - this also served as spot for me to put my name and cartridges used behind the pennants (I wrote really small because as you all can see, there's not much room!).  I did some faux stitching on the front and attached green irock gems for the eyes of the bats.  I then attached a droopy blood image from the Happy Hauntings cart just below the bat.  The font I used for the title was also from the Happy Hauntings cart.  For a little droopy blood effect, I used Ranger Glossy Accents on the "blood" and the title.  Hope the picture kinda gives you an idea (see above pic). 

For the flowers attached to each banner pennant I used a total of 4 different cuts from the Flower Shoppe cart.  I used  a jewelry gauge wire to attach a gray craft pearl and inserted that in the middle of the flowers - the gauge wire served as anchor for each pennant - with the banner being shipped via USPS,  those babies aren't going anywhere LOL! 


I poked a hole on the bottom of the center piece of my flower before I hot-glued to finish it off.
Then I threaded the jewelry gauge wire through before I attached the center piece to the rest of the flowers. I added black raffia and black tulle to hold the flowers and the pennant pieces together.   And that's it!  Hope you like and good luck to all who are entering the banner contest!  I mailed both of my banners early last week. 

Tomorrow I will share the other banner I created.  Happy Tuesday! 

5 comments:

Susan Edwards said...

This is such an amazing banner. I love the design, colors, and the embellishment details!! Best of luck to you!

xx Susan

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Awww, thanks Susan! ;)

Gramjak said...

Absolutely beautiful!! (Both banners... amazing!!)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks Gramjak!

JaniceA said...

Amazing banner, love the floating letters. Your flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.