Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine Treat Bag


Hello my blogging friends!  Today I'm sharing with you all a Valentine treat bag I cut and decorated for my 6 year old DD to give out to her classmates.  (I'll have to see what I can make for my 9 year old DS that is not "too girlish" if I have the time).  I am also linking this project to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog (label it theme) and the Die Cuttin' Divas blog (buttons, bling, and/or bows challenge).  This treat bag is so easy to make.  I know I probably should have used a patterned paper for the bag itself to pretty it up a bit, but honestly I don't think the kids really appreciate the presentation as much as the goodies inside (I cringe at the vision of first grade kids tearing the treat bags to get the candies out and tossing the bags aside - ahhh the paper massacre is not a pretty sight!  Luckily there are only 11 kids in my DD's class so not a lot of paper will be wasted overall.  Sorry for digressing!)

The bag was cut from an old MS solid cardstock pack and is a free image from the Silhouette Studio, cut with the Cameo. Once assembled, it stands at a little under 6.5 inches tall,  3.5 inches wide, and 1.5 inches deep (and of course you can make this bag any size you want).  Can I just say here that I LOVE the score cuts on this bag?  I didn't have to use a bone folder for the creases or felt the need to hide ugly score cuts! 

The bee image was cut with the Cricut using the Sentimentals cart.  The tag image was also cut with the Cricut using the Picturesque cart, inked and stamped with a Recollections stamp in red.  I used Maraschino twine from the Twinery to help hold the tag in place.  I also added 3 buttons to embellish a bit.  There are plenty of room in this treat bag for everything you see above.  All supplies used to create the bag (except the candies, of course) were from my stash.   

Here's a closer look at the treat bag.  So sorry, it was a gloomy day when I took the pictures. 


I love this little heart window on the bottom of this bag.

 
Here's the backside of the bag with another heart window. There's plenty of room for my DD to write her name on the back. 


Hope you liked my project today.  Thanks for stopping by once again. 

14 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Cute - Cute -Cute, love your little treat bag. TFS

SandeeNC said...

Oh I bet a lot of the kids are going to keep the bags and put all sorts of treasures in them until they are so worn from love that they fall apart. :)

Crafty Teacher said...

Very cute! I love the little heart cutout also and that is one of my favorite bee cutouts. :)

Pat N. said...

What a darling bag with that heart handle! Thanks for joining the Die Cuttin Divas Challenge this week--Pat N.

JaniceA said...

So cute, I like the little heart at the bottom and the twine around the box.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Wow! What a great treat bag/box! I know this is going to be the hit of the classroom! You are such a good mommy! :0)
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Super cute! You are gonna be the hit of the party with these! I feel your pain on the watching them being destroyed! Yikes! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

Jennie Garcia said...

That treat bag is fabulous!! I love the design on the top!! Real cute!!
Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/82

Dayna Sabrina said...

It is too cute and you are as always, rockin' the Cameo!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thank you all for stopping by and commenting.

Jessica said...

Beautiful! You are so ambitious to do all these bags for your daughter's class! WOW! Great bee and tag! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

Jessica
http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

Lori said...

You treat bags are so CUTE!

Missy said...

What a cute treat bag, it's so full of detail!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute bag!