Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Ryan!


My 100th post and my son's 9th birthday!  Wow, time flies!  I made a card for my DS' birthday today which I'm also linking to the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge blog with the pocket theme.  This is an A2 sized card.  The dino cut is from the Cricut Create a Critter cart and is stamped with one of the Peachy Keen Everyday Character Face Assortment set.  The grass cuts were from one of the free images I got from the Silhouette Studio store and of course cut with the Cameo.  The sentiment font is from Lettering Delights called LD Red Hatter's Hand.

Here is a picture of the inside of the card.


All the cuts inside are cut with the Cricut.  The "pocket" tag to hold his special gift is from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More (TBBM) cart, flood filled with art from the JT Imagine cart.  The "Happy Birthday" is from the Elegant Cakes cart.  The "Dino Mite" is from the Create a Critter cart.

Thanks for visiting me today!  

13 comments:

Jan said...

That is a great card! Love the combination of Silhouette and Cricut in your project.

Jan
http://thecraftymermaid.blogspot.com/

Miss Giebel said...

Hi Melody, I love your dinosaur birthday card!! I know your son is going to love it too, especially what he'll find in the pocket!! I'm so happy that you created with us for this PKS challenge!!
Heidi

Dayna Sabrina said...

Great card Melody! I didn't realize we had kids the same ages - I have an 8 year old who will be 9 this year. The dino is especially cute!

L.B. said...

What a cute card! Love dinosaurs.

JJewel said...

Great card! I bet he loved it!

Dawn said...

Adorable card! Love the placement of the gift card holder. Great job.

Dawn
DeeGeeScraps

Cindy :) said...

fabulous card :)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thank you for stopping by and the really nice comments, ladies! I should really play with the Create a Crittet cart more often.

@ Sabrina: that's right, huh? Your older one does look like he could be my son's age.

Houses Built of Cards said...

ADORABLE card!!! LOVE that cute dinosaur! I'm SOOOO glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Super cute card! Love the Dino!

Amy C said...

This so very cute!! Love the dino cut. Thanks for joining us this week at Peachy Keen Stamps Challenges.

Hugs,
Amy

JaniceA said...

I love that you decorated the inside as pretty as the front. Great card!

Glora said...

This card is TERRIFIC! That dinosaur is too cute for words! I love it! Hugs- Glora