Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mojo Monday #224


Another first for me!  Lately I have been so stumped when it comes to making cards and Mojo Monday blog is one of the ones I've recently come across for sketch inspiration.  This is my literal take on the sketch challenge LOL!  Maybe I'll do beter next time ;).   Below is the sketch inspiration, copied from Mojo Monday blog. 


This is the side view of my card.


This card is an A2 sized card.  All supplies used were still from my stash.  The pennant was cut on my Cricut using the MS Elegant Cake Art cart, embossed with the D'Vine Swirls CB folder and embellished with pink half pearls.  The coordinating strip of paper inside of the card is punched with an MS puncher.  The rosette was done by punching a 1 inch x 12 inch strip of patterned cardstock with a MS heart punch and scored using MS score board.  The sentiment was computer generated using the Curlz MT font, then cut with the Cameo. 

On a side note, I know I have been making cards using rosettes and I hope you're not all tired of it ;).  I'm trying to justify NOT buying the Cricut Ribbons and Rosettes cart.  I have instead been using MS punchers and svgs.  Plus being on a cart-buying ban for 4 months (because I bought my Cameo) helps restrain me.

Hope your day's a good one!  It's almost the end of the week, hang in there!   


4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great little birthday card. You should enter it in the weekly challenge at She's A Sassy Lady... you could win a gift.
TFS

Lori said...

Hi, Melody! I love this card. You such a flair for color... so pretty :) I am so jealous you have a cameo. I can't wait to see what you make with it. I'll be checking back in :)

Gail said...

beautiful card

Dayna Sabrina said...

Fab card Melody! I used to play at Mojo Monday all the time - I need to make more time to do it!