Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Card Patterns Sketch #148


Today I'm sharing a card I created using a Card Patterns blog sketch. I have been frequenting this blog for months now and wanted to play along but have always missed their deadline for some reason.  I love their card sketches!  For this challenge, we were asked to follow sketch #148 (by Tracy Schultz) as seen below.


(Above sketch image copied from Card Patterns Blog)

My card is an A2 sized card and all supplies used were from my stash.  I'm sorry to say though that I did not use any Cricut cuts for this project.  The rosette was a cut image from Lettering Delights I cut using SCAL3 on my Cameo.  The "button" is a print and cut from Silhouette Studio.  The rosette and the button are similar cuts from my previous post a few days ago if you scroll down, except this one says "...so sweet..." instead of "....cute as a cupcake..." I used a doily MS puncher for the purple mat and added yellow irock gems.  I also used a couple of flower buttons and some twine. 

I kept the inside of the card simple - you could kind of take a peek at it from this angle (see below)


This was such a fun sketch.  I have a lot of scraps of patterned paper that are just screaming to be used up so I can see myself using this sketch again in varying forms.  

Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

Linda Kaiser said...

Your card is super cute and all the details are prefect! I love orange!!

Linda

Cindy Vernon said...

your card turned out great!

Clare said...

Love the rosette, super card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.