Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Mya's door banner


My last project of the year!  My 6 year old DD wanted a banner for her room so with her help, we went to work ;) !  This project is actually a mixture of Cricut and Cameo cuts.  As I promised in my last post, I am really going to try to use both machines in all my projects from now on.  I am also linking this project as my first entry for the Silhouette Plus forum challenge to use something incorporating any image that we have gotten for free from Silhouette Studio. 

For this challenge, the base of the 3 pennants was one of the 51 free images I got for signing up to try Silhouette Studio before I decided to buy the Cameo.  The pennants  were cut at 11.525 inches and I was able to cut 2 from a 12 x 12 cardstock.  Another Cameo cut were the letters to my DD's name, Mya; I used a Word font called "creampuff" and used the offset feature  to create the shadow for each letter (so cool and easy to use feature!).  I embossed the letters with the Plum Blossoms CB folder and did faux stitching on the shadow with a white Sakura gel pen.  Then I put 3 flower buttons on each letter to embellish them.  I also added a homemade maroon crinkled ribbon to each pennant.  I did some real stitching on each pennant too using my sewing machine. 

The Cricut cuts I used for this project were (1) the flowers [CMTH Art Philosophy cart and Flower Shoppe cart], (2) vines [Wall Decor and More cart], (3) crown [Once Upon A Princess cart], and (4) roller blades [Groovy Times cart].  I used some irock gems on the crown and stuck a craft pearl on one of the flowers. 

Below are more closeups of each pennant.  My DD and I had so much fun using both machines! 

Thanks for looking and I wish you all a wonderful New Year!  See you next year ;)

2 comments:

Linda Kaiser said...

I love your banner! The cuts are amazing and the colors are perfect! I am so glad you love your new toy!

I have so been thinking about buying a new machine and love to read about my options. Thanks for sharing!

Linda

Dayna Sabrina said...

Melody you are rocking that Cameo girl! I LOVE this banner. What a great combination of cuts from both machines. And hey - don't you LOVE the offset feature?! I mean who doesn't like a shadow? I am so excited for you and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.