Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Just Us Girls LO


First and foremost, thanks so much for stopping by today ;).  I am linking this project to the CC Blog Weekly Challenge with the theme "Flower Fusion."  We were asked to incorporate purchased flowers into our projects.  I chose to make a double LO to cut down on the LOs I'm so behind in ;).  The pictures were taken in 2008 when my then 3 year old DD and I were babysitting my newborn niece Emma.  My DD loved "babysitting" her little cousin - made her feel like a big girl!


The title "Just us girls" were cut from the Hello Kitty Font cart, with the top layers embossed with the D'vine Swirls CB folder.  The border on the right side of the second page is from the MS Elegant Cake Art cart.  I embellished the border with some flowers I purchased from Oriental Trading Company 2 years ago.  I glued different colored buttons in the middle of each flower.  The other border (just peeking behind the pictures on the first page) was just a strip of white cardstock punched with a MS doily puncher on both sides then embellished with a strip of ribbon.  The mats for the pictures were cut to size using Fiskar scissors, some decorated with the same ribbon as the white border strip.  


The big girl doll was cut using the Paper Doll Dress Up cart and the baby doll was cut from the Everyday Paper Dolls cart; both dolls were stamped using Peachy Keen face stamps.  The journaling was computer generated.

Have a wonderful day everyone! 

4 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Oh, my goodness! What a wonderful layout! The little paper doll figures are perfect!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Dayna Sabrina said...

Great layout Melody! Wonderful job and I love the papers you chose.

Elaine said...

Love the embossing in your title!

Anonymous said...

So cute~