Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My new baby!


Isn't she pretty?!  The FedEx guy dropped her off my house yesterday.  Well I have been saving up for this for a long time, thanks to all the enablers over on the Cricut MBs.  Some of you may already know that I made a pledge on the CC MB to Use My Stash and I have been pretty good at curbing my craft spending to things I needed for a particular project instead of buying on impulse - fell off the wagon :) a couple of times but overall I did pretty good (I think).   Special thanks goes to MamaC aka Carolyn for starting the thread.  The pledge ended at the end of November.  I used the money I saved to splurge on a mini sewing machine that a lot of crafters have been raving about.  I love love love the look of stitches on cards, home decor projects and LOs! I can't believe how tiny and  lightweight this little baby is!

This is a sample of the stitching I was practicing on 2 pieces of scrap cardstock.


I can't wait to make projects using this sewing machine!  If you are wanting one for yourself, I got mine online at Hancock Fabrics for $39.99 on sale.  They are regularly priced at $79.99.  Here's the link for it. 

Well I'm off to sew something - have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! 

3 comments:

girlia said...

Melody congrats on your new toy/baby! I wish I knew with a machine. Take care and enjoy!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Melody! What a awesome addition to your crafting family! I am so glad you were inspired to use your stash! What a wonderful way to reward yourself! I forsee lots of stitched projects in your future! Do I see competition with CindyR in the making? :0)
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

JaniceA said...

Have fun with your new toy! I couldn't keep on the wagon, wanted toooooo many carts. Can't wait to see all the new projects you come up with.