Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

"Manly" Smiley?

Well I don't know about you but I have the hardest time making masculine or boy-themed cards.  I normally can't do it!  My brain refuses most of the time!  I have to embellish - stickles/glitter, buttons, flowers, cutesy paper, cuttlebugging (is that even a word LOL!), not to mention inking.  But I think I did a decent job here with this recent card.  The cut was of course from the Smiley Card cart.  I used the Diamond Plate CB folder for the background paper and Forrest Branch CB folder for the bandana for a "rugged" look for the boy emoticon.  I wanted the cheeks to be subtle so I just used chalk instead of cutting the cheeks out of cardstock.  And I tried my hands on faux stitching!  I've always loved the look of faux stitching (or even real stitching) on cards by other crafters.  I had a hard time keeping my hand steady but with practice I think I can get better.  The sentiment is a stamp from Inkadinkadoo.  Ribbon and buttons from Michaels.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Linda Kaiser said...

So cute! I love your card and can't wait to download my new cartridges.

Linda

Lovey said...

Oh I love this one!

Asplashhereandthere said...

Thanks for the nice comments, ladies!

owlbeescrappin said...

This card is so adorable!

Asplashhereandthere said...

Thanks Angel!

Nadia's World said...

Awesome boy card! Good job!

Nicole