Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Home Sweet Home

My entry for the November Cricut Circle Challenge is a curtain tieback.  This month's theme is "Home Sweet Home" and the details for the challenge are as follows:

NOVEMBER MONTHLY CHALLENGE: HOME SWEET HOME
The theme for this month’s challenge is all about cozying up your home with Handmade Home Decor! Please create a home decor project. Project must be newly created for this challenge and should include the following elements to qualify:
  • Use atleast one Cricut Cartridge Cut
  • Use the Cuttlebug in some way (embossing folder, Cuttlebug die, Quilling kit, etc.)
  • Use Felt in some way
  • Use the color GREEN somewhere on your project
This challenge is open to Cricut Circle Members only.

I made 4 of these tiebacks eventhough I'm only showing one here.  For the base of each of the curtain tiebacks I used a burgundy felt purchased from Michaels cut in 3 in x 12 (really a third of the felt piece).  I then cut the swirly images from the Cindy Loo cart in the green moss felt (already had adhesive backing) at 2" each with the deep cut blade, multicut at 4, speed medium and max pressure on the Expression - BTW I'm NOT looking forward to cutting felt again any time soon :) . As you can see in the picture, I even put masking tape all around the felt before I cut.  



 I then ironed the images onto my base felt.  Then I attahed velcro on the ends.  Velcro had adhesives on them already so all I had to do was cut to size.
Showing the back of the tieback here.



Then I attached a flower I made using one of the quilling sets I bought from cricut.com a couple of weeks ago.  I attached the flower using 3M mounting tape.  And there you go!  Thanks for looking!  

1 comment:

owlbeescrappin said...

Wow...so creative! I love this idea!