Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cricut Circle Challenge #4


Here is my entry for the Circle Challenge #4.  We were asked to do a LO, card or an altered project with a birthday theme and to include buttons.  Below is the sketch provided, designed by Jana Eubank, one of the awesome CC designers.

http://cricutcircleblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/SketchCC1_JanaEubank_Color.jpg

I decided right off to make a card - instant gratification, right?  Nope!  This was tough for me because there were a lot of layers involved here.  But I did have fun!  I tweeked Jana's design a bit by turning it on its side.
The card I created is 5 x 5.  I was excited to finally use these flower buttons I bought at Michaels a while back. The white zigzag ribbon was bought from Michaels a while back too.  The sentiment was cut from the Lyrical Letters cart and was a PITA to glue down.  The emoticons (love them!) were of course from the new Smiley Card cart and pop dotted for dimension, as well as the two matted rectangles behind them.  The rectangles were embossed by using D'vine Swirls folder on my CB.  The scalloped circle?  Well that was a test cut from the Imagine More cart I had lying around.  A little inking here and there and there you go!  Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Your card is adorable! I really liked how you turned the sketch on its side! Great job :)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks Emily! So sweet! I loved your take on the challenge too :)

JaniceA said...

Cute card love the faces!

Happy Crafter said...

Very clever sentiment idea, I just may borrow it sometime. I see you like pink too.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks for the nice comments Janice and Happy Crafter! I love playing along - it really doesn't matter if I win or not since it's random drawing - it helps me make use of my craft supplies. I love seeing what others have made.

Tha Paper Doll said...

LOVE THE CARD.

owlbeescrappin said...

Super Duper Cute....Love it!