Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The same but different flip swing cards


Wow it's been a while since I posted!  The kids have summer vacation which means less time for me to craft :(   Anyway, part of this post can also be viewed over at the Scrapper's Delights Papercrafts Blog.  Thanks Janice for letting me post in your blog today.  For this project, I made 4  A2 size cards.  The base of the cards is a flip swing card image by Lori Whitlock I purchased through the Silhouette Store, cut with the Cameo.  I chose to play with the Tears of a Clown digi set 2 which came out I believe in May.  I also incorporated some of the digi kit elements from the Scrapper's Delights' Forever Blowing Bubbles digi scrapbook kit.  I imported the digi stamps onto the Silhouette Studio to size them according to how big the coordinating scalloped circles were going to be.  I colored the clown digis with Prismacolor pencils.

Below are some images after they have been cut in the Cameo (I'm using a 12 x 12 Cricut matt because you can with the Cameo).



And here are closeups of the cards.

Card #1

the flowers on a string is from SD's Forever Blowing Bubbles
digi kit; I used the Curlz MT font for the sentiment on the
front and on the inside of the card; I embellished with Card Candis
and Prima flowers

Card #2

for this card I embellished with a wavy ribbon and buttons
from my stash.  I used the Abbeyline, Arial and Chopin Scripts
for the sentiments.  The flower on the inside sentiment is from the
SD's Forever Blowing Bubbles kit

Card #3

The heart ribbon image is again from the same SD digital
kit.  I used the Abbeyline font for the sentiments, and embellished
with Card Candis and brown ribbon

Card #4

the sentiment in the front came from the Tears of a Clown
digi set; I used the Curlz MT font for the sentiment inside the card,
then embellished with a ribbon, a homemade stick pin, and some
flower buttons.


Hope you like my project for today.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you all are having a wonderful summer.  

5 comments:

Dayna Sabrina said...

These are hands down gorgeous. The embellishments are perfect and the execution is flawless. Fabulous job my friend!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Awww thanks sweetie!

doodlingdebbie said...

Melody, I love every card. You have some great taste in design. The color combination and elements are ooolala!Thanks for sharing.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks for stopping by, Deb! You're too sweet!

Pinky Papercraft said...

Great cards, beautiful colours.