Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Let's pop out of here!


Yesterday was my kids' last day of school - phew!  No more getting up at 5:30 in the morning for a couple of months!  I don't know about you guys but I am going to enjoy being in my jammies until 11 am (or later) for at least a couple of weeks until the kids start summer day camps (gotta keep them busy!). 

I wasn't going to get anything for my kids' classmates because I'm exhausted and this past school year had been packed with so many field trips!  And then I was scouring the Target bargain bins and came across these cute star bubble bottles - my local Target has started getting the Independence Day stuff out.  Well I couldn't help myself from getting a bunch for the kiddos to give out on their last day of school.


 I used a couple of tag images from the Silhouette Store and used the Gabriola and Sixties for fonts.  I also used a bubble cluster digital image from the Forever Blowing Bubbles kit from Scrapper's Delights.  Below is a screen shot of the images on the Silhouette Studio.  I used the print and cut feature of the Silhouette Studio to cut the tags with the Cameo. 

 Hope you can see the bubble clusters behind the sentiments. 

And here are the pics of the finished bubbles with the tags.

The ones for my son's class. 
 I made a total of 17 with this design.


These are for my daughter's class. 
I made a total of 13 with this design.

These were very easy to decorate in a flash and soooo inexpensive!  They were such a hit with the incoming 2nd and 4th graders as they blew and popped those bubbles at dismissal - what a fun way to start the summer vacation! 

Hope you all have a wonderful summer!

3 comments:

Dayna Sabrina said...

Melody these are great. I'm sure the kids really appreciated them. And hallelujah on the end of school. My kids have been out two weeks and we're ALL sleeping later.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are so fun! I bet the kids loved them! Happy Summer!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

What a cute classmate gifts!!!!! Wow-- I love the sentiment and the gift. So colorful and fun! Gonna have to remember this for next year!

I have missed you on the Cricut mb! I am going to follow your lead and follow you by email so I don't miss your projects.

Thanks for your clever projects that you share here... and for your kind comments when you visit me!