Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

Don't answer that!


Well I've never done this before, but this is sort of a backwards kind of post - read on and scroll down and the sentiment above will all make sense ;).  This was kind of fun for me to do.  I'm also linking this to the Polly Craft blog going away linky party. 

This is a closeup of the sentiment in the front.  Click on the image to
make it bigger so you can see  more clearly what it says

And this is a pic of the front of the card with the envelope

This card is 5x5 and is for my DD's 1st grade teacher.  My DD's teacher and I have always made jokes about how so different my kids are (my son had the same teacher in 1st grade) so she'll appreciate the humor on this card.  The digi is again one of the ones I got on the digi bundle I recently purchased from Polly Craft, called Farmin' Apples (from Celeste Amberglow line) and is colored with Prismacolor pencils, then cut with nesties.  The tag was purchased from Silhouette store, cut with the Cameo.  The sentiment in the front is written using one of the fonts in my library (I'm so sorry I don't remember which one), printed onto the top tag layer in my printer then cut with the Cameo using the print and cut feature.  I added some flower buttons, twine and faux stitching with gel pen. For the inside of the card, I added a digital element (the flower and ribbon) from one of the kits from Scrap Girls.  The envelope was an image purchased from the Silhouette Store. 

Hope you like my project today.  Have a wonderful weekend!  

2 comments:

girlia said...

Love, love, love it. Great job Melody

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Funny! Such a cute card -- and great sentiment!!