Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Creative*Thoughtful*Dedicated Canvas Wall Hanging


Hi there!  Today's post can also be viewed over at the Bug Bytes Blog.  Thanks Pam for allowing me to post in your blog ;) again.   This project is highlighting three of things I love most about my 9 y o DS (there are other things I love about him, of course). 

The project I'm sharing today is a canvas wall hanging, inspired by a file I purchased through the Silhouette Store, and is by Lori Whitlock.   For instructions on how to make the canvas wall hanging, please click on the link as there really wasn't much I could have done to improve on Lori's instructions (thanks Lori!)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIRgnP3cZFA  or go to her blog.  In her video tutorial she made a two-panel wall canvas but she did talk about how to make a three-panel one, which you see I have done here.  I also added some beads to my ribbons in between the panels and on the top.   

For this project, you would need to assemble the canvas pieces and attach the ribbons,  but do NOT attach the front panels yet until you have decorated them.




This project was planned completely using the Silhouette Studio and all die cuts were cut using my Cameo.  I love that I can even color in my pieces to help me plan the colors for my project!  I was even able to import pictures on the Silhouette Studio and size it to fit the frame I was going to use.  Below is a screen shot of I envisioned the pieces to look like with all the layers colored and stacked together. 



And here are the pieces all cut out and some pieces semi assembled.  I used my printer to print the matt for each panel, then sewed them onto the black front panel for added texture.



For the title on each panel, I used the Chopin Script, Fontleroy Brown NF, and the Henry Morgan Hand fonts, already in my computer.  I used the offset feature on the Silhouette Studio to create the shadows for the title. 

Below are closeups of the panels after they have been attached to the front of each canvas.  I used my gel pens for some details and for faux stitching on the titles.  Other embellishments added were metal findings for my son's name, green ribbon, buttons, Card Candis, hemp cord and sticker gems. 

my son loves to draw and color/paint and has such
an active imagination

siblings will fight, but deep down he loves his sister so
much and is very considerate to her, and to others too

there were times he didn't want to go to his tae kwon do classes,
but he never did once told us he wanted to quit.  He finally
got his first degree black belt last year at the age of 8 and wants
to get his second degree black belt. 
We are so very proud of him!

 
Thanks for letting me share this project with you today and thanks for stopping by! 

10 comments:

Jill Rugg said...

I love it Melody! You are so very talented!

girlia said...

Awesome job Melody. You are so creative.

Peanut said...

What a darling project for a precious young man! Fab job. Thanks for sharing.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks ladies! I had fun making this for my DS ;)

Dayna Sabrina said...

Oh Melody this is so awesome! I mean really, the details that went into this is is just amazing. Your kids are so absolutely lucky to have you. Great job girl!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

WoW! This is such a great project! How special for him!

Unknown said...

Just saw this over at the bug bytes and had to pop over to say AWESOME!! I thought you were using wooden frames at first!! This idea is soooo cool!!

papillon digital design said...

This is awesome! Love how all the canvas' turned out. TFS

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my gosh...what an amazing project! I love each canvas, they are all so bright and colorful and loaded with details! The beads between each canvas is a great touch...love this!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

What a great decor project! Love the cuts combined with the pictures! And congrats to your son-- and best wishes for the second degree black belt!