Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Hope everyone's having a nice Valentine's Day so far.   Two weeks ago I shared a goody bag I was making for my 6 y.o DD's classmates (if you missed that post, click here) that my 9 y.o. DS thought was too girlish, so I made one very simple for him to give out to his classmates on Valentine's Day. 

This box cut was purchased from the Silhouette store and is cut with the Cameo.  In keeping with my DS's request for a non-girlish Valentine treat, I cut the box in kraft paper.  This box was so easy to assemble as the perforations made it easy to do so.  I actually did not use any adhesives to assemble this box - everything folded and tucked in very neatly together.  I added twine to hold the tag and stamped "XOXO" to the hearts. 

Here are some closeups:




The tag was from the Picturesque cart.  The swirls and the hearts were actually leftover cuts from the goody bags I made for my DD's classmates, as seen on the cutting mat below (I hate throwing away  good cuts). 



Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day! 

7 comments:

girlia said...

Love it.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great V Day!

Super cute valentines:)

Lori said...

What a cute project! It's good that Cricut and Silhoutte can play nice :D

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a great project! Thanks for sharing the story, too!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Dayna Sabrina said...

I lOve it! Your son had to be happy with these. And way to use up supplies from another project. I have an entire drawer full that I never seem to get to!

Unknown said...

Lol! Love it! See we can All play nice!!!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

@ Lori and Maria: You guys are funny LOL!