Search This Blog

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween Scream - hybrid double LO


Hello bloggers!  Today is Digital Scrapbooking Day (I think it's more like a weekend thing so it can be today AND tomorrow too), so in honor of that I have created a double LO, mostly done digitally.  The 12 x 12 LOs I created were based on Halloween pictures taken in 2009.  All digital papers and embellishments were from a kit called Fabulous Fall from the My Memories store.

Here's a screen shot of the double LO in the My Memories Suite v4, side by side.


And here's how they look after printing (I used my Epson wide format printer).  With digital scrapbooking, what you create is basically what you print and you can be as creative as you would doing traditional cut and paste scrapbooking but without the mess on your desk.  Or you can even leave them and come back and add/delete details or pictures until you're ready to print your page or send the pages out to print at your local photo printing places (ie., Costco) or any online printing services (I've never had to use one so I can't recommend any).  Or you can share digitally with whomever you want - totally your preference ;). 

 

I knew I wanted to add a couple of die cuts to the second page, so I imported a JPEG format of the LOs in my Silhouette Studio to help me size the die cuts accordingly.  Below is a screenshot of the JPEG format of the LOs in the Silhouette Studio.


I imported the PNG format of the center element on the second page and sized it to match the size already on the page so I can layer.  Since PNG formats don't have cut lines,  I used the trace feature of the Silhouette Studio to create a cut line. Below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.  The traced element is next to the page and I will use the print and cut feature of the Silhouette.


Then I added an image of dripping blood by Ginny Nilson (Design ID #12712), and a skull border by Sarah Bailey (Design ID #49260), as can be seen from the screenshot below, sized to fit where I want them.


Here's how the pages look like after printing, with the die cuts before assembly.


And here are closeups of the second page after I have attached the die cuts.


I foam-mounted the cut version on top of the one printed
for some dimension

If you think you would like to try digital scrapbooking someday, there is a code ($40 value) My Memories has provided for me to share with my readers.  If you missed that post, click here for the link and the code, good through today ONLY.

As always, I thank you for stopping by.  Have a creative day! 

2 comments:

Jill Rugg said...

Love this page! The pictures of your kids are so cute!

Pinky Papercraft said...

Great layouts.
Hugs
Helen