Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

His and hers twin birthday cards


Almost forgot it's the first Sunday of the month and my turn to post over at the Bugbytes :).  Hello bloggers and thank you Pam for having me over to share a crafty project with your readers.  My twin niece and nephew had their 2nd birthday party yesterday and I created two separate cards for them - after all, each is beginning to have his and her own personality ;).  These cards are A2 size cards designed on the Silhouette Studio and all cuts were done using my Cameo.

The base of the cards and all of the inside parts were by Lori Whitlock called birthday candle pop up card (Design ID #40180).  I used the fonts already in my computer to write personalized sentiment before I cut the inside mat.  I made the candle image to be a print only in my choice of color, duplicated that to have 2 birthday candles in each card.  Below are the pieces after printing and then cutting.

 
The banners for the font of the card were by a set of ribbon banners (Design ID #24243) by Jamie Koay. I used the fonts from my library to cut the letters of the twins' names inside the banners. The images were by Polly Craft, colored with Promarkers.  I imported the images onto the Studio to size them inside scalloped square and oval images by Lori Whitlock (Design ID #26510).

Some closeups of the cards after assembly.  I used some scrap ribbons, buttons and flowers to embellish and some foam mounts for some depth here and there.





Thanks for looking and have a wonderful Sunday!

6 comments:

Migdalia said...

They are both Precious!! Awesome job!
Would love if you joined us at Cut It Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Jill Rugg said...

Super cute cards-I am sure you niece and nephew will love them! Look out terrible 2's!

Pinky Papercraft said...

Beautiful cards Melody, very cute.
Love all the elements.

Mayras Designs said...

These are so pretty !

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow these cards are adorable! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte C said...

What beautiful cards. I can't wait to get to using my Cameo. I've loaded the software and I think your blog will help me from here on. Thank you!