Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Wobble Envy


Happy New Year and happy Monday!  No contest entries for me these past two weeks but I did get some crafting done.  Made my first homemade wobble card - so happy with the result!  I saw a video a few weeks ago made by Linda Kaiser over at http://paperboutique.blogspot.com/2010/12/using-action-wobble-springs-to-add.html (direct link to her blogpost on making homemade wobble card) and wanted to try it so bad!  I was over at a local Joann's Fabric and Craft store last week to grab me some clearanced Christmas paper ($5.99 for a 180 page stack of 12x12 is awwwwwesome! - will save it for next Christmas!) and remembered to grab me some jewelry thin gauge wires. The spool I bought was 28 gauge.  I also got to play with my Imagine for a bit since it's getting neglected.  The card is sized A2. The teacup and the sentiment images are both from the Better Together Imagine cart.  The background paper was embossed with the Plum Blossoms CB folder (part of Asian Bundle), the thin brown cardstock on the side was punched with one of Martha Stewart punchers and blinged with blue irock gems.  I didn't have a plain circle puncher as Linda used in her project so I just cut out two small square pieces of white cardstock from my scrap as you can see below:


This was so much fun to make and I highly recommend anyone to try this - I know I will be making more since the spool of jewelry wire I bought was 40 yards - LOL!  I was literally giddy after I made this card (yeah, it doesn't take much these days to make me happy) everytime I wiggled the teacup image - so cute! Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

No comments: