Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ok, whatevs!


First of all, I love my niece! But like some teenagers I know she needs some attitude adjustment once in a while and she knows it   ;)   so I don't feel bad about creating this birthday card for her - she'll shrug off the humor behind it, roll her eyes at me then give me a hug, as she always does anyways.  I know a bit confusing, but then again we're talking about a 15 year old here :).

Hello, fellow bloggers!  Part of this post can be viewed over at the Bugbytes where I hang out the first Sunday of each month.  Thank you, Pam for having me over!  As I mentioned above, this card is a birthday card for my niece. The card was designed using the Silhouette Studio and everything was cut using my Cameo.  The card is roughly 6.25 x 5.25.  The base of the card with the flower cut out is by Jamie Koay, purchased through the Silhouette Store. 

After sizing the card base to my liking, I imported a png image (digital stamp) by Scrapper's Delights (she's already colored in, so a big time saver for me!) onto the Silhouette Studio then sized it to fit in the front of the card base.  Png images don't have cut lines so I used the trace feature of the Silhouette Studio to create a cut line around the image so that my Cameo can do the cutting for me.

png images have clear backgrounds, making them
blend with whatever background you choose to put
them on top of

using the trace feaure allows me to create a cut line
around the png image I want to use
 
here's a screen shot of how I planned this card on the Silhouette Studio,
including the envelope
 
I don't like to waste paper so here's a pic of the girl image,
the sentiment and the patterned matt after I printed them on my printer.
Notice the cut lines will not show here, but the registration marks on
the three corners of the page will guide the Cameo where to cut.
 
And here are some closeups of the finished card:
 
the image is foam mounted

I inserted a vellum panel just behind the front panel of the card.  
The top banner pennant was embossed with Plum Blossoms CB folder.
The plumeria (a png image) is part of my digital scrapbook collection
from Scrapgirls.  Like my little humor jab at her?  Like I've said,
she'll shrug it off  LOL! 

I did some stitching too.

 
 I am also linking this card up at the Old Backporch 52 Card Pickup challenge week 48
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.


11 comments:

papillon digital design said...

This is so awesome. Ahh! Teenagers. I have one! You captured the attitude perfectly! Love it and am sure your niece will love it too

Jill Rugg said...

Love the card-I have a teenager and totally get it! I am sure your niece will think its great!

Peanut said...

Great card! I'm sure your niece will love it!

Patrice said...

Too cute, Melody!

Stephanie Dang said...

Love this.. Super cute card! :) F.Y.I.- I can't even create cards for the just in case, because I have too many members in the family! Almost every weekend is a bday party! So all those cards all have homes! Lol. :)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

LOL, Staphanie! I'm still impressed though ;)

Pinky Papercraft said...

Awesome card Melody. So so cute.

Linda Kaiser said...

Amazing card! I love your tutorial!! I am so loving my Cameo!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

WoW! What a fun card! I bet she loved it! Carri~Abusybee

girlia said...

cute

Dayna Sabrina said...

Amazing card! I love how much you worked the Sihouette software to achieve the look that you wanted. And those intricate cuts look great!