Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

For a Very Special Friend - A2 Card



No Cricut nor Cameo today either.  I made a quick card for my DS' friend who had her 9th birthday yesterday.  This is an A2 sized card.  The ice cream image is from Stretch 'n Bubbles and is colored with Prismacolor colored pencils, then cut with a circle Nestability.  The purple sunburst behind the image is also cut with a Nestability die.  The mat I used were a plain pink cardstock and a glittered paisley pattern from DCWV's the Sweet stack.  The purple ribbon is from my stash, purchased from the Target dollar bin a year ago.  I embellished with 3 pink rhinestones by Recollections.  The sentiment is by Craftworks Cards, one of the many cut-out sentiments I got from sweet Enfys over at Going Buggy.   

Here's a closeup of the image.


And here's a peek at the inside and the envelope.  After I cut the mat, I had a few pieces of the glittered cardstock leftover and it seemed quite a shame to throw those away, so I used a MS doily puncher and then adhered one piece on the inside, and another piece on the envelope.  The sentiment inside is by TPC stamp. 



Happy Monday!  Hope your week's off to a good start!  Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

Jill Rugg said...

I love it! Isn't it funny how sometimes the simple ones are the ones that turn out the best!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Awww thanks Jill!

papillon digital design said...

What a beautiful card! As Jill said sometimes the simple ones trun out the best. This one rocks!