Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

CC Blogiversary Challenge #3 - Bee U


Happy Friday, bloggers!  Today I finished another card for the CC Blogiversary Challenge #3 - highliting the Cuttlebug.  This card is size A2 and is titled Bee U. 

The base of the card is again another clear craft plastic, cut to size of an A2 card.  I embossed the front with the Flourished Frame CB folder.  You can see the embossed image better below:


Then I adhered a double-sided cardstock inside of my base by attaching both with a piece of purple crinkled ribbon.  If you missed how I did this technique previously you can click here.    I then added a quilled flower I created using my Cuttlebug.  Before I assembled the flower though I ran the purple pieces through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder.  I also added a half pearl in the middle of the quilled flower.  You can see  the details below:



The last thing I did was to add the Cricut cuts in the front.  The bee cut is an image from Create a Critter cart and the "U" is from the Gypsy Font cart.  I used a Peachy Keen stamp for the face of the bee.  The corner pieces were from the Picturesque cart. 

Below is a shot of the inside of the card.  Before I adhered the cream colored cardstock to hide the ribbon from the front of the card, I embossed it with one of the Iron Works CB border folders. 


And yes, all the supplies I used to create this card were again from my stash!  Project #7 for Using My Stash pledge over at the CC MB.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend y'all! 


2 comments:

cdm317 said...

I love the way you embossed the clear craft plastic. Very cool. The whole card is fabulous! Good luck in the challenge!
Colleen (gonescrappin)

Cheri said...

Lovely technique!
Great details!
tfs