Hi ya'll! Happy Halloween! It's going to be one busy busy day for me today with my kiddos. Yesterday I was spotlighted at the FCCB because for some reason ;) back in September 28th, my project was picked by the awesome DT over at FCCB as one of the top 5. I am truly shocked and very honored that they liked my project and was asked to be spotlighted yesterday and then invited to make a project along with their DT for this week's Challenge Me Monday. The theme for this week is "For the birds."
For this challenge I created a set of Halloween luminaries. The base for each luminary was a frame from the Lacy Labels cart. I welded 2 of the spider and cobweb images (from the Mini Monsters cart) onto the frame, as well as the crow (from October 31st cart) and each of the"'BOO" letters (from Happy Hauntings cart) before cutting in black cardstock. Then I cut the blackout feature of the base frame in vellum. My normal choice for glueing down my small Cricut cuts is my zig glue but because the cuts on this projects are so intricate, I had to use my Zyron 900. I ran the cuts in black onto the Zyron 900 then put them over the vellum blackout cut.
To make each luminary, I carefully punched holes in the ends with my Crop-a-dile tool then inserted snaps so that the vellum does not tear when I threaded black tulle.
Then to finish it all off I put battery-operated tealight candles inside each luminary.