Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Tumblers


I am entering this project in the Cricut Circle Blog Monthly Challenge with the theme"On The Road Again."  No long road trips for us this summer but a lot of summer activities are in store for the kids.  This summer I decided to decorate freezable tumblers I got from Walmart for my kids and my nieces and nephews (ages 3-9 years old) whom I'm driving around to their different summer activities.  I always joke to my husband that I should change the color of my minivan to bright yellow as I feel like a bus driver sometimes LOL!  Who says being a SAHM is not tough?! 

I've seen these kind of tumblers in the Cricut MBs in different versions with the use of vinyl.  I've decided to keep the slip-on tumbler jackets cuz I find the tumblers easier to hold this way, especially with little hands. 

Here are a few close-ups:
for the taekwondo kids

for the basketball player and swimmer

for the cute one (ok, that's NOT an activity, I know but this
 is for the 3 year old one) and the hula dancer


I even decorated above the tumbler jackets:




Details of the project:

* boy and girl martial arts - Car Decals
* martial arts borders - Sports Mania
* basketball - Basketball cart
* basketball border - Sports Mania
* swimmer - Sports Mania
* waves border - Life is a Beach
* girl with flower - Car Decals
* flower - Luau
* flower border - Paper Lace
* letters for the kids' names - Paper Lace & Life is a Beach

This was a fairly easy project to do once you get the coordinating vinyls.  I've almost forgotten how easy working with vinyls was!  Thanks for looking and have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend! 


5 comments:

girlia said...

You did an amazing job on these tumblers. Happy 4th to you as well

Unknown said...

Hi Just surfing some other Sports Related Blogs Nice Page Keep up the Good work!
Christian, site administrator for
CaliforniaSurfingReports.blogspot.com

Sara Andrews said...

Love them all!

Dora said...

So cute! Love them all.

Linda Kaiser said...

Super idea!! They look so professional. Great job on the tumblers and the colors are perfect!!

Linda