Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Entry


Happy Friday!  I thought I'd play along in YET another challenge ;)!  This one is for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge.  This is the first time I'm playing along in this site - check it out!  The challenge was to use some sort of embossing in our project, and of course, cricut cuts!  I chose to do an A2 card for this one.

A more close-up of the embossing using the Swiss Dots CB folder.


I kept the inside blank so I can write my own sentiment to whomever I want to give this to at a later date.  I did add a strip of leftover cardstock punched with an MS puncher.



Details of my project:
*A2 size
*rose cut with its layers - Lori's Garden Imagine Art cart
*"Smile" cut - Gypsy Wanderings cart, embossed with Swiss Dots CB folder and embellished with light blue button (from my stash)
*2 different MS punch around the page punchers
*red polka dotted sheer ribbon from Walmart

***A little sidenote:
Now, don't laugh.  I follow a LOT of craft blogs but don't always get emails from all bloggers when they make new posts - don't know why!  BUT I just really paid attention to my blogger DASHBOARD today and found out I can keep up with the ones I follow this way ROTFL!  I'm still learning about this whole blogging thing and loving it. 

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Jean said...

Cute, love the button. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

Jill Rugg said...

Very cute card-Good Luck!!

Linda Therrien said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the punch that youi chose and the embossing on the title is great.

I'd like to invite you to visit my blog, I am also having a challenge that requires embossing and this project would be perfect.

Linda
www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com

Enfys said...

Hi Melody, I love what you did here, the bold lettering and the colours make for a really striking card. Enjoy your weekend,
hugs
Enfys x

Alex said...

super cute blog ! keep posting :)

HUGS !
Alex
http://www.youhadmeatcraft.com/

Helen said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Linda Kaiser said...

I love this card. The colors are so bright and perfect for the card. The punch you used is also perfect!

Linda

Norma said...

SUper cute card!!! Love the polka dots emboss on SMILE!! thank you for stopping by!
Hugs,
Norma

Kate said...

This is such a cheerful card! The punched frame is terrific. Great job with the embossing too!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at FCCB!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies! I enjoy participating in the challenges as much as I enjoy reading your very encouraging comments ;)!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

@ Linda Therrien - yey! Another challenge site - thanks for the invite!