Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No Treats No Entry No Way!


Happy almost Halloween, my blogging friends!  Wanted to show you all the treats my kids are handing out to their classmates this year.  Every year I strive to make the treats a little fancier than the year before but then somehow I always end up in a rush, so this is what I came up with this year.  I had to make 49 of these door hang treat boxes!  I normally don't make this much treats but my DD is in a combined class this year due to budget cuts at their school :(  plus the kids in my DS' class.   

The base of the door hang box is by Silhouette and I believe it may have been a freebie when I registered my Cameo. I cut the base in solid cardstock, then cut the patterned papers (mostly by Recollections) to layer using the release compound path feature on the Silhouette Studio.  I used the print and cut feature for the sentiment (Creampuff font) inside a scalloped square by Lori Whitlock.


The cut outs on the front are ready made cuts by Recollections and the kiddos did their arrangements. 

Here are some closeups:




Thanks for stopping by and have a fun and safe Halloween! 

6 comments:

Pinky Papercraft said...

Melody, fantastic I love them all.
Have a great Halloween

Jill Rugg said...

What a clever idea! I can't believe how many you had to make! I am sure the kids will love them!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are so super fun! Wow 49 kiddos is huge! I though 35 was bad! They are sure to love these!! Carri~Abusybee

girlia said...

Adorable and creative.

Dayna Sabrina said...

Oh my goodness 49 of these?! Wow I am impressed! Your kids must have been very excited to hand them out. Great job and design and hey, I know all about the assembly line. You did a great job on these!

doodlingdebbie said...

Melody, I bet you're one of the most popular mom's around. These are great!